This fight includes Taran Zhu, Chen Stormstout & Wrathion.
Like in all my Battle Pet guides, feel free to swap out any of the pets for their equivalents, ie almost any Grub or Maggot for Mr Grubbs, almost any Strider for Eternal Strider, any Mechanical instead of Blue Clockwork Rocket, and any Undead pet with Curse of Doom for Unborn Valkyr. A full list of required Pets can be found at the end of the post.
Comments welcome! If you have used the guide successfully and want to share I’d love to hear about it! Or if you notice something isn’t working for you please let me know and I’ll look into it and correct it asap!
Click More for the guide 🙂
Trainer Group 3
Slot 1. Mr. Grubbs : Consume, Sticky Goo, Burrow
Slot 2. Voodoo Figurine : Shadow Slash, Immolate, Rot
Slot 3. Stitched Pup : Diseased Bite, Howl, Plagued Blood
Yen – Use a Grub or Maggot in your first slot. Yen will start with Comeback.
1. Burrow. Yen will Blackout Kick and miss (after Burrow resolves, Yen will Comeback).
2. Sticky Goo (This is to stop his Feign Death in round 5).
3. Yen will Comeback. You Consume
4. Cast Sticky Goo. Yen’s Feign Death will fail.
5. Yen will Comeback. You Consume
6. Yen will Comeback. You Burrow. Yen will Blackout Kick and miss.
7. After Burrow resolves Yen should die, but if not, finish off with Consume.
Li – When he swaps to Li swap to your Figurine (the urge to continue with your Grub will be strong but he can’t outdo Li’s healing so best to swap).
1. Li will Triple Snap (you won’t be able to cast anything yet).
2. Li will Triple Snap again. You cast Immolate
3. Li will Triple Snap. You Shadow Slash
4. Li will Bandage. You Shadow Slash
5. Li will Spin Kick, so you will be stunned
6. Li will Triple Snap. You Shadow Slash. This should get Li down enough so that the final tick of Immolate finishes him off. If not, cast Immolate again and continue to Shadow Slash.
Bolo – When he swaps to Bolo swap to your Stitched Pup.
1. Bolo will Punch. You Howl.
2. Bolo will Rampage. You Diseased Bite
3. Rampage will continue. You Diseased Bite
4. Bolo should be dead but if not Diseased Bite again to finish him off.
Slot 1. Clockwork Gnome : Metal Fist, Blitz, Build Turret
Slot 2. Kun-Lai Runt : Thrash, Mangle, Rampage
Slot 3. Eternal Strider : Water Jet, Healing Wave, Pump
Tonsa – Open with Clockwork Gnome.
1. Build Turret. Tonsa will Headbutt
2. Metal Fist. Tonsa will Chew
3. Metal Fist. Tonsa will Bite & Chew will resolve.
4. Build Turret. Tonsa will Chew but the Turrets will take him down.
Chirps – Keep Clockwork Gnome in for 1 round to soak Lullaby (cast whatever you want, he won’t get a chance to use it anyway), then swap to Kun-Lai Runt
1. Chirps will continue Locust Swarm. You Rampage.
2. Rampage continues. Chirps usually dies, but if not he will next round.
3. Rampage finishes. Chirps is dead.
Brewly – If Kun-Lai Runt is still alive (and he should be), Brewly will swap in and cast Inebriate. You Mangle then swap to Eternal Strider (don’t let the Runt die if you can help it, as you need him for the next fight, so even if Mangle misses, still swap out).
1. Brewly will Brew Bolt. You Pump (activate)
2. Brewly will Barrel Toss. You Pump (release)
3. Bewly will Inebriate. You Water Jet. Brewly should die but if not hit Water Jet to finish off.
If the Strider dies before Brewly does, swap to the Gnome and Blitz.
Slot 1. Rabbit : Flurry, Dodge, Burrow
Slot 2. Flayer Youngling : Blitz, Deflection, Kick
Slot 3. Kun-Lai Runt : Takedown, Frost Shock, Deep Freeze
Note: It is vital that your Flayer Youngling have a non-buffed speed > 300 for this strat to work. An S/S breed would be best.
And it’s ok if you Runt isn’t at full strength because it was used against Chen, as you probably wont even need to use it here.
Cindy – Open with your Rabbit. If you miss either of your first 2 Flurry attacks, forfeit the battle and start over with no penalty.
3. Dodge – this avoids the Ice Tomb resolution.
7. Flurry – Cindy usually dies and resurrects at this point. If not, keep spamming Flurry until he does.
8. Burrow – Cindy dies.
Alex – Keep going with Rabbit until dead, then swap to Flayer Youngling.
5. Kick – Alex usually dies at this point. If not, keep up rotation.
Dah’da – Continue with the Flayer Youngling, continuing the rotation from above and using Deflection to block the Elementium Bolt resolution. If the Flayer is dead, swap to the Runt:
1. If Dah’da has less than 500HP use Takedown to finish him off. Otherwise cast Deep Freeze
2. Takedown to win.
ROUND 2 – Celestial Children
It is important to do this in the order below, as you will need Pandaren Water Spirit & Chrominius for 2 fights and they should easily survive the first one.
Slot 1. Pandaren Water Spirit : Water Jet, Whirlpool, Geyser
Slot 2. Chrominius : Bite, Howl, Surge of Power
Slot 3. Blue Rocket Bot : Missile, Toxic Smoke, Sticky Bomb
1. Geyser. Xu-Fu will Moonfire.
2. Whirlpool. Xu-Fu will Spirit Claws.
3. Swap to Chrominius. Xu-Fu will Spirit Claws.
4. Howl, (both Geyser and Whirlpool will resolve and stun him).
5. Surge of Power. This should kill him, but if not bring in your Mechanical and finish him off.
Slot 1. Unborn Valkyr : Shadow Slash, Curse of Doom, Haunt
Slot 2. Pandaren Water Spirit : Water Jet, Whirlpool, Geyser
Slot 3. Chrominius : Bite, Howl, Surge of Power
1. Spam Shadow Slash until you die and resurrect. Then use Curse of Doom. It is important that you don’t use this until your ‘resurrection’ round.
2. Swap to Pandaren Water Spirit and use Geyser
3. Cast Whirlpool.
4. If still alive, throw in a Water Jet, but otherwise swap to Chominius
5. Howl. Chi-Chi is then hit by double damage from Curse of Doom, Geyser, and Whirlpool simultaneously! If she somehow survives, she is now stunned and ready for you to unleash a double damage Surge of Power which WILL finish the job!
Slot 1. Lil Bad Wolf – Claw, Mangle, Howl
Slot 2. Sunreaver Micro-Sentry – Laser, Haywire, Call Lightning
Slot 3. Clockwork Gnome – Metal Fist, Blitz, Build Turret
2. Swap to Sunreaver Micro-Sentry, (who soaks the Charge)
3. Call Lightning
4. Swap to Clockwork Gnome
5. Build Turret
6. Swap back to Lil’ Bad Wolf
7. Howl. The Lightning Storm/Turret damage is doubled and Zao goes down.
Slot 1. Lil Bad Wolf : Claw, Dodge, Howl
Slot 2. Pandaren Monk : Takedown, Staggered Steps, Blackout Kick
Slot 3. Anubisath Idol : Crush, Sandstorm, Deflection
2. Dodge (Yula will Lift Off)
4. Spam Claw until dead. Bring in the Monk.
5. Blackout Kick
8. Staggered Steps (Yula will Lift Off)
11. Blackout Kick
13. Takedown (Yula is probably dead by this point, but if not continue to step 14)
14. Staggered Steps (Yula will Lift Off)
If Monk dies, finish off with Anubisath Idol, using Deflection against Lift-Offs, but you shouldn’t have to.
Appendix: List of Pets Needed
Mr. Grubbs (or any Grub/Maggot)
Pandaren Water Spirit
Blue Rocket Bot
Lil Bad Wolf